Welcome to our website, www.ThedriverstaxAPP.com ('Website') and the mobile applications (the “Apps”). The Website and Apps (together referred to as our “Platform”) are provided by ACCOUNTSability Limited (t/a Ta-Dah ThedriverstaxAPP), a company registered in Scotland under company number SC594169 and whose registered office is at Summit House 4-5 Mitchell Street, Edinburgh EH6 7DB ('ThedriverstaxAPP', 'us', 'we' or 'our' for short). 'You' and 'your' means you as the user of our Platform.
By using the Platform or by otherwise providing us with your Personal Information, you warrant that any data provided by you to us is accurate.
ACCOUNTSability Limited is the data controller of your Personal Information for the purpose of the applicable data protection legislation.
What information do we collect?
When you visit our Platform or contact us by email or telephone, we may collect the following information:
- Personal Information that you choose to share with us when you register for services, emails, newsletters and alerts;
- where you are utilising our online payment facility, we may store (via ourselves or our appointed payment processor) your credit and debit card details on a secure encrypted basis;
- if you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses;
- technical information about your visits and use of the Platform including, but not limited to, your IP (Internet Protocol) address used to connect your device to the internet and our Platform, traffic data, location data, log data, your browser settings, the date and time of your visits, and details regarding which pages, products or resources you access. When you visit the Platform, our servers automatically record this type of information; and
- other information relevant to comments, reviews and other content which you may post and forms which you complete.
It is important that all the Personal Information you give us when you register as a user or as a partner when you use the Platform is correct and accurate. This includes, by way of example only, ensuring that we have your correct contact (including email) details at all times.
We strive to maintain the highest standards of security, however the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to or via our Platform. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Your data may be stored by third parties on our behalf. We, and our third party contractors, employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage. For more information, please see “Sharing Personal Information with third parties” below.
Please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.
How do we use the information you provide to us?
In general terms, we use Personal Information to provide you with the services and products you request, process payment, provide customer services, deliver our content and ads which we think may be of interest to you, for customer research, to send you marketing and promotional emails and for other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business. We may use the Personal Information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Platform. We may also pass your Personal Information to our selected third party providers of goods and services who offer their goods and services for sale via our platform.
We will only use your Personal Information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Please note that we may process your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent, where this is required or permitted by law. Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your Personal Information other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message.
We may process your Personal Information for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your Personal Information.
Unless you are notified otherwise, we will not use profiling, or automated decision making in any form, to make important decisions that will affect you.
Opt out of receiving emails
You can unsubscribe from our regular emails at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link in the footer of the email you have received. Alternatively, you may email us at info@ThedriverstaxAPP.com Please allow 48 hours for your email address to be removed from our system.
Our policy on cookies
In common with other commercial websites, our Platform uses a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Is a cookie?”) and web server logs to collect information about how our Platform is used. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent on our Platform, and the websites and apps visited just before and just after our Platform.
- remember you when you visit this Platform to keep track of your browsing patterns and to build up a profile of how you and other users use the Platform.
- make our Platform work as efficiently as possible.
- facilitate transactions and administer services to you and to our partners.
What is a cookie?
How do we use information we collect from cookies?
As you browse our Platform, the site uses its cookies to differentiate you from other users to prevent you from seeing unnecessary advertisements or requiring you to log in more often than is necessary. Cookies, in conjunction with our web server's log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our Platform and to determine which parts of the Platform are most popular. This helps us gather feedback to constantly improve our Platform and better serve our customers.
Cookies do not allow us to gather any Personal Information about you and we do not generally store any Personal Information that you provided to us in your cookies.
Third party cookies
Most of the cookies we use are ours, however, on occasion, we will issue a cookie by a third party to help us operate the Platform - these are sometimes known as “web beacons” or “clear gifts”. These cookies cannot be used to identify an individual; they can only be used for statistical purposes, for example, in providing you with advertisements that are more relevant to your interests.
For this purpose, we may disclose:
- generic, aggregated or anonymised data relating to your visits and use of our Platform, but we will not disclose any of your Personal Information which identifies you or from which you may be identifiable i.e. we will not disclose your contact details such as your email address, name, address or telephone number; or
- information in a pseudonymised form such as a browser cookie ID / code or cryptographic hash of your email address to help us tailor and display our ads to you on other services. This ID or code is matched against your equivalent unique code similarly generated by our ad partners to tailor advertising to you.
The third party companies that generate these cookies have their own, very strict, privacy policies but we don't have access to these cookies; other than allowing them to be served, we have no role to play in these cookies at all (although we may use statistical information arising from these third party cookies and provided to us by third parties, to improve our Platform experience).
We use Facebook services to deliver our ads to you during your browsing experience/ whilst you are online. You can control how Facebook uses data to show you ads by turning off ads which may be based on interests and / or your relationship with specific advertisers, in your ad preference settings. For further information, please visit the various Facebook pages which allow you to learn more about Facebook ads and cookies and to update your settings:
Further, by visiting the Your Online Choices link above, you can opt out from seeing Facebook's interest-based ads and you can also use your mobile device settings to configure your advertising preferences.
On your Facebook ad preferences, you will see that ads may be delivered to you according to 'interests' or specific advertisers and you can manage your ad preference settings for both of these.
If you have opted out of receiving our marketing communications when you register with us, when you make a booking or where you have subsequently unsubscribed, we will not share your details with Facebook in a pseudonymised form and we will not appear as a named advertiser in your settings. Please note however that where you have opted out of receiving our marketing communications via the methods described above, you may still see our non-targeted adverts whilst you are online if your interests settings on Facebook are aligned to an audience segment (pre-defined by Facebook) which our business is also associated with. We do not control whether these ads are displayed to you. Please see the relevant links above for details on how to learn more and manage Facebook ad settings.
Further, to learn more about adverts which are displayed to you whilst you are online, please consult the applicable website's privacy and cookies policy on which you see our ads and the Your Online Choices link above.
How do I remove or block cookies?
Most browsers allow you to remove any cookies and/or block any new cookies being set. To turn off cookies, look at the “help” menu on your browser. However, please note, that switching off cookies may restrict your use of our Platform and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
Sharing Personal Information with third parties
We treat the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information very seriously, and we will never sell your Personal Information under any circumstances.
However, we may disclose your Personal Information to selected third parties in the following situations:
- to partners registered on our Platform to facilitate our business;
- if you place an order or otherwise engage with ThedriverstaxAPP through a third party white label solution, to the relevant partner;
- to advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others, in particular we may make use of the Personal Information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- to analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- if we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets, as appropriate;
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties in accordance with your authorisation as expressed via ‘opt-ins’, including pre-ticked opt-ins, e.g. at the point of registration.
Please note: by posting any Personal Information in any publicly accessible area of our Platform, such information may be collected by third parties over which we have no control. We strongly recommend all users keep postings anonymous. We are not responsible for the use of such information by such third parties.
Please therefore exercise all due care and consideration before disclosing any Personal Information that will be disclosed on public areas. You should also avoid disclosing any Personal Information that may be used to identify you (such as your name, age, home or work address or name of your employer) especially if you disclose any sensitive Personal Information such as:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political beliefs;
- philosophical or religious beliefs;
- membership of a trade union or political party;
- physical or mental health;
- sexual life; or
- the commission of criminal offences or proceedings.
Sharing Personal Information outside the EEA
[We do not transfer your Personal Information outside the European Economic Area (EEA).]
[Some of our external third parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your Personal Information will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your Personal Information out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your Personal Information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Information by the European Commission;
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give Personal Information the same protection it has in Europe and/or
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to Personal Information shared between the Europe and the US.
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Under data protection legislation, you have the right in certain circumstances to:
- Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you and to check we are lawfully processing it;
- Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- Request erasure of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- Object to processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party). You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes;
- Request the restriction of processing of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Personal Information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to another party; and
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Information where your consent is relied upon.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us at info@ThedriverstaxAPP.com
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
What about other websites linked to our Platform?
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Platform nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Platform.