What expenses can you claimLast updated: 14 May 2021
- Petrol or diesel costs (or mileage allowance)
- Vehicle insurance (or mileage allowance)
- Repairs, servicing and maintenance (or mileage allowance)
- Road tax (or mileage allowance)
- Insurance (sickness/income protection)
- Escort fees (E.g. School contracts)
- Cleaning & valeting
- Interest on a loan to purchase your vehicle
- Vehicle lease (full amount)
- Licensing and test fees
- Breakdown or recovery membership
- Radio hire/circuit fees
- Tariff change
- Accountancy fees (this App)
- Subscriptions (trade associations/magazines)
- Clothing (uniforms or protective clothing only)
- Phone usage for business
- Passenger extras, (sweets & water)
- Parking & tolls
- Use of your home (min allowance is £208)
Capital Allowances can also be claimed for the cost of the vehicle. The rate is 18% for vehicles with CO2 emissions below 130g/km, and 8% for vehicles with CO2 emissions above 130g/km.
An alternative to claiming the vehicle running costs is Mileage Allowance which is currently 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles and 25p after that.
Included is a depreciation allowance (capital allowance) for the vehicle. Interest on any loan to purchase the vehicle can be claimed in addition to the mileage allowance.